WHAT IS cosmetic dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry is a branch of dentistry that focuses specifically on the aesthetic appearance of the teeth. This treatment solves common problems such as chipped or gapped teeth, tooth discolouration or stains on some teeth or the absence of teeth.
This treatment helps patients to improve their physical appearance through their smile, and some of the treatments used also correct or prevent dental problems in the medium and long term.
What types of treatments are performed?
Cosmetic dentistry is based on the following treatments:
- Whitening: Stains on the teeth are caused by food, tobacco or even medication. With this treatment, the teeth are lightened in various shades, giving them a more natural appearance.
- Veneers: In this treatment, defects such as small traumatisms, pieces that are of different sizes are hidden. Previously a study of the patient's teeth is carried out in order to design veneers that are adjusted to the characteristics of the face.
- Dental crowns: Their function is to reconstruct damaged teeth, they can be made of different materials, zirconium, porcelain or ceramic and any material in the shade of the natural teeth. They not only improve aesthetics.
- Dental implants: Replacing teeth is very important for aesthetic reasons in order to recover the functionality of the teeth and prevent the rest of the teeth from moving and causing other problems.
- Smile Rejuvenation: In this case, we act on the periorbuccal area to attenuate the wrinkles that appear there. Hyaluronic acid, a substance produced naturally by the body, is used for this purpose.
Thanks to the different treatments, cosmetic dentistry helps patients to regain or be able to show a natural and beautiful smile. This is an important factor in terms of social and work relations and helps to gain self-confidence.
Moreover, they are treatments that are carried out in very few sessions, so the results can be seen immediately. In addition to this, they are painless, in the worst case the patient will barely notice a slight discomfort.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT!
Leave the care of your teeth in the hands of our experts.