WHAT IS orthodontics?
A patient is referred for orthodontic treatment when positional correction of teeth and bones is required. Poorly positioned teeth often create an incorrect clash in our bite, which makes keeping them clean, we are more at risk of developing cavities and periodontal disease, as well as even creating headaches due to the extra strain on the chewing muscles. In addition, poorly positioned teeth make us look a bit sloppy.
Correct orthodontic treatment in Tijuana gives us the advantage of having a healthy mouth, a better looking smile and longer lasting teeth.
How do I know if I need orthodontic treatment in Tijuana?
Your orthodontist may determine if you require orthodontic treatment in Tijuana, based on a diagnosis according to your clinical history. Based on the results, he or she will be able to determine what type of treatment you will need.
One of the most common signs to detect if we are candidates for orthodontic treatment in Tijuana are:
- Overbites: The crowns of the upper anterior teeth almost completely cover the crowns of the lower teeth.
- Underbite: The patient has a "bulldog" appearance, either the lower teeth extend too far forward or the upper teeth are positioned too far back.
- Crossbite: Occurs when the upper teeth do not fall slightly in front of the lower front teeth or slightly outside the lower back teeth when biting normally.
- Open bite: Space that occurs between the biting surfaces of the front teeth when the other teeth are closed on one side or the other.
- Shifted midline: This occurs when the imaginary line that divides the upper anterior teeth in the centre is not aligned with that of the lower teeth.
- Spacing: Gaps or spaces between teeth as a result of missing teeth or teeth that do not fill the space.
- Crowding: When the teeth are too large to be accommodated in the space provided by the jaws.
How does orthodontic treatment in Tijuana work?
For our orthodontic treatment we can use various types of braces, these can be fixed or removable. By creating gentle pressure on the teeth they allow us to make movements on our teeth and bones.
There are different types of Orthodontic Treatment such as:
- Brackets: This orthodontic treatment consists of placing small metallic elements called brackets on your teeth, strategically placed by an orthodontic specialist, who, with the help of special wires and bands, will align your teeth to achieve ideal aesthetics and functionality. The treatment requires regular visits with the orthodontist, to act on the movements of your teeth by changing the special wires and rubber bands. Proper orthodontic treatment can prevent future dental problems, as poorly positioned teeth often create an incorrect clash in our bite, which can prevent poor dental hygiene. If teeth are not aligned, we are more at risk of developing cavities and periodontal disease, as well as creating headaches due to the extra stress on the chewing muscles. Correct orthodontic treatment in Tijuana will help you achieve good oral health, a better appearance and greater confidence.
- Self-Ligating Brackets: Orthodontic treatment with self-ligating brackets is an opportunity for those patients who are looking to align their teeth but for external reasons are unable to attend their regular appointments, this technology in Brackets allows us to extend the appointments without stopping the treatment.
- Invisalign: Invisalign orthodontic treatment consists of a series of clear and invisible aligners. Each aligner is made specifically for your teeth. As you change aligners, your teeth will correct their position until the desired alignment is achieved. The treatment is carried out digitally as moulds are taken of the patient's teeth which are then digitised and the movements to be achieved at each stage of the aligner are simulated, this is calculated and carried out by a specialised technician with the help of software. Once the movements to be made have been simulated, the sets of aligners to be given to the patient are determined, the orthodontist will determine the times of use of each set of aligners and will prescribe them to the patient.
Removable appliances include:
- Removable space retainers
- Jaw repositioning appliances
- Lip and cheek separators
- Palate expander
- Removable retainers
At Nakeji Dental we have the most advanced technology to make your orthodontic treatment in Tijuana the best experience.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT!
Leave the care of your teeth in the hands of our experts.